WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
With information about COVID-19 changing rapidly and impacting daily life, PayPal wants you to take good care of yourself and your family. The impact of COVID-19 affects everyone differently, and you have support resources available to help you.
Mental health resources
Employee Assistance Programme
Whether you’re feeling stressed, worried, or anxious, you can confidentially speak with someone through the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). The EAP is available 24 hours a day, every day.
These resources from Optum also may be helpful:
These tools can help both you and your children navigate the world of at-home learning:
- Bright Horizons World at Home is a new way for you to keep your children learning during this time. Designed by education experts, World at Home features videos and activities for a wide range of curriculum areas, including yoga and mindfulness, STEM learning, language, story time, and cooking.
- PayPal’s Perks at Work has partnered with Community Online Academy to offer courses for both kids and adults, including a free offering every Thursday. Topics include meditation, dance, American Sign Language, and becoming a YouTuber.
- Rethink, a program for kids with developmental disabilities, is currently offering several specialized services and features, including remote consultation services and video-based lessons.
- As part of #StayingTogetherWhilePhysicallyApart series, check out these educational resources and websites that your kids may enjoy and will assist you while homeschooling.
Looking for more?
PayPal offers additional family support resources to help guide parents during this time.Learn more
Time away from work
PayPal is committed to the health and well-being of all employees. During this coronavirus pandemic, we will provide additional support and flexibility to manage your individual circumstances. Through October 1, the following measures apply to all employees:
- If you are diagnosed with the coronavirus, you will continue to be paid without interruption throughout the time you are ill.
- If your office is closed temporarily due to the impacts of the coronavirus, you will continue to be paid during the time your office is closed, even if you do not have the ability to work from home.
- To address specific challenges you may face as a result of the coronavirus, such as caring for children or other family members, the need to stay home due to an underlying illness or health vulnerability, or other personal or medical needs, you may request up to 2 additional weeks of paid time off through our Crisis Leave Program. Apply for Crisis Leave in Workday, or contact StayInformed@paypal.com, and your request will be handled confidentially by a dedicated member of our HR team. More information is on The Bridge (must be on the PayPal network).
- If you face family care challenges related to the coronavirus, please work with your manager and your team to develop a flexible working arrangement or part-time schedule to accommodate your needs during the coronavirus situation.
Remote working tips
Although working from home can provide many benefits to employees, it also creates unintended challenges when the environment is less than optimal.
- View these wellness support options to ensure you’re making time to take care of yourself, and your loved ones.
- Access these tips for working from home to ensure you’re finding the right work/ life balance while working from home.
- Working from Home Basics and Stretching Guide
- Getting a Good Night’s Sleep
- Mindfulness – The Power of Presence
- Designing a Winning Indoor Workout
- There’s no “Write” way
- Finding Balance While Working From Home
Check out these suggestions for conducting virtual meetings to help you have the best experience.
The companywide weekly Wellness Survey is open Monday through Friday each week for you to share your feedback, which we use to help provide you with the flexibility, support, and resources you need, such as the two new benefits mentioned above.
Employees can now use Concur Travel or Airbnb to book a hotel room or Airbnb as a safe place to self-isolate during COVID-19. You will be eligible to receive the discounted PayPal rate during your stay. This includes accommodations for dependents you live with. You must pay using a personal credit card, and while accommodations cannot be reimbursed by PayPal, they can be booked at the discounted rate until further notice.