What you need to know
PayPal’s diverse workforce includes people of many different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, gender and sexual orientation, veteran status, and abilities. We welcome unique thoughts, opinions, experience, and leadership styles, and highlight them in our Diversity & Inclusion Communities.
Amplify works to foster an inclusive workplace by enhancing the recruitment, retention, and advancement of Black employees while promoting cultural awareness. Amplify:
- Offers professional development, networking, and mentorship opportunities.
- Supports business initiatives by providing culture-awareness insight and thought leadership.
- Enhances and promotes the PayPal brand by establishing connections with external organizations, strategic partners and the communities where we live and work.
Opportunity focuses on those who are specially abled or disadvantaged, including those who are disadvantaged due to socioeconomic status or educational level. Opportunity:
- Supports PayPal’s mission and vision that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy.
- Believes in empowering people to exercise this right and improve financial health.
- Supports this philosophy not only in the types of products and services we provide to the world but also in the internal opportunities we provide current and future talent at PayPal.
This group celebrates and furthers our commitment to diversity and inclusion and support for our LGBTQ employees and allies. Pride:
- Promotes the well-being of LGBTQ employees and allies across our markets.
- Raises awareness of and encourages sensitivity to the challenges the LGBTQ community faces, and also makes sure our products are inclusive.
- Helps direct PayPal’s outreach around human rights and health care.
- Offers ways our customers can give back to their local LGBTQ communities.
Serve consists of PayPal employees who have served in the military, along with employees who support veterans’ causes. Serve members help make PayPal a more diverse and inclusive company by using their experiences and training to assist their teammates and PayPal. Serve:
- Provides a place for veterans and allies to come together regularly.
- Offers professional and personal development opportunities, mentorship, and community outreach opportunities.
- Advances veterans’ causes, along with a vision to nurture an environment of integrity, excellence, respect, teamwork, and leadership consistent with PayPal business and diversity initiatives.
Unity is a group of women and men working together to create more opportunities for women at PayPal. The focus is on gender equality and gender balance. Unity:
- Supports the next generation of women in engineering, encourages STEM careers among school girls, and provides engaging volunteer opportunities.
- Provides opportunities for building critical skills and leadership presence, including career development through hands-on education and leadership observation.
- Participates in industry events for women to access industry knowledge and insight on technical trends.
- Provides inspiration and motivation by hearing from role models about their career journey and opportunities to acquire knowledge from subject matter experts.
- Creates opportunities for our technical women to build acumen share their passion through knowledge share, meet-ups, and hackathons.
Learn more about our Diversion & Inclusion communities on the Bridge.Go to the Bridge