What you need to know
With information about COVID-19 changing rapidly and impacting daily life, PayPal wants you to take good care of yourself and your family, including your physical and emotional well-being. The impact of COVID-19 affects everyone differently, and you have several support resources available to you.
Health plan support
Have a free virtual visit with a telehealth doctor
Sign in to your myuhc.com account to get started, and then download the UHC app (App Store or Google Play) to use your mobile device. Chat with a doctor by phone or video 24/7. All virtual visit costs are waived until at least June 18, 2020. Virtual visits can be used for advice and guidance about COVID-19 but cannot be used to test for or treat it.
Talk to your health care provider
Until at least June 18, 2020, telehealth access is expanded to allow faster support and to reduce exposure to the virus. Your local medical provider may be able to provide a telehealth visit through live video conferencing. Costs for local provider telehealth visits for COVID-19-related advice are waived until at least June 18, 2020. All other telehealth visits will be covered according to your regular plan benefits.
Free access to testing and treatment services
If you meet the CDC guidelines for testing, and it’s requested by your doctor, all costs are waived for COVID-19 testing, testing-related visits, and treatment services related to COVID-19, in or out of network. If you have coverage questions, call the number on your health plan ID card.
Find the latest information
Visit the UHC COVID-19 page.
Get your prescription medications
In response to COVID-19, CVS Caremark has made it easier to obtain medications from home.
- Get 90-day supplies of most maintenance medications delivered by mail with no delivery fees. Express 1- to 2-day home delivery is also available at no cost if using a CVS or Target pharmacy.
- Contact your other in-network pharmacy to confirm if they provide no-cost delivery.
- For the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak, CVS is waiving refill-too-soon limits on most 30-day medications for all in-network pharmacies.
- Prior authorizations for most medications set to expire before June 30 will be extended.
For the most up-to-date information, visit Info.Caremark.com/COVID19.
You won’t have to pay for costs related to COVID-19 testing if referred by a Kaiser doctor. If you’re diagnosed with COVID-19, additional services, including hospital admission (if applicable) are covered.
Get the care you need by using telehealth services. 24x7 care advice, email, phone and video visits with your provider are available as alternatives to in-person appointments. Virtual visits using video technology are also available at no cost to members. Call the advice number on your Kaiser Permanente membership card for instructions.
Order prescriptions by mail
Fill your prescriptions through mail-order service, and avoid the pharmacy waiting room. Plus, most mail-order prescriptions come in a 3-month supply for the price of 2 months.
Get the latest information
Visit the Kaiser COVID-19 page.
Cigna Global Health Benefits
Cigna Global Health Benefits will waive customer cost-sharing and copayments for COVID-19-related treatment through May 31, 2020. The waiver applies to both in- and out-of-network U.S. care and international care. Out-of-network care will be reimbursed at in-network rates. This is in addition to COVID-19 testing-related visits with in-network U.S. providers and international providers, whether at a doctor’s office, urgent care clinic, or emergency room.
Employee Assistance Program
If you’re feeling stressed or worried, speak with a licensed mental health provider through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). All sessions are confidential, and the service is free to you and your family members.
- Optum: Call 866-248-4096, or visit liveandworkwell.com and enter access code: PayPalUS, select “Behavioral Health Care Search,” and respond to the questions about the type of support you’re looking for.
- Arbor Family Counseling (Nebraska employees): Call 800-922-7379, or visit arborfamilycounseling.com and enter password: arbor.
These resources from Optum also may be helpful:
- Tips to help older adults during a quarantine
- Tips to help children during a quarantine
- Reigniting your health when working from home
- Mindfulness techniques for managing coronavirus anxiety at home and work
Get tips and strategies to build your resiliency with meQuilibrium. You can track your mood and stress levels, view personalized recommendations to help you strengthen relationships, and change negative thinking patterns. meQuilibrium gives you scientifically backed activities, tools and meditations to help you feel less stressed and manage uncertainty. It is is available to you, your spouse/partner and dependents 18+ at no cost. Get started at meQuilibrium or download the app from the App Store or Google play.
On-demand emotional support
Get free access to Sanvello, a mobile app to help you manage stress, anxiety, and depression during the COVID-19 crisis. Download Sanvello from the App Store or Google Play and create an account to begin using the strategies, tools, and peer support the app provides. To access premium content, select the "X" in the top right corner after you download the app. You will be notified when the free access period ends and provided with options to continue using the program.
UHC members: Get online therapy from anywhere through Talkspace. Safely and confidentially message a licensed therapist 24/7 from your phone or desktop. No appointment required. You can also schedule real-time video sessions as needed. Read more, or get started at talkspace.com/connect.
UHC behavioral health support
UHC has a quick guide to help members find the right support at the right time.
2020 Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
As a result of COVID-19, many childcare providers and schools have closed, and you may have experienced a change in your childcare needs.
If you're a current Dependent Care FSA participant, you have the option to reduce or stop your contributions.
Contact Your Benefits Resources (YBR) at 1-844-474-6641, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET, Monday–Friday, to speak with a Customer Care Representative. You'll need to verify your personal details and follow the prompts by selecting Health and Insurance, enter phone PIN or ZIP code, and then select Healthcare.
Please note: You may experience longer than normal wait times due to an increase in calls related to COVID-19.
Review this notice for information on eligibility.
Bright Horizons care options
If you need child care assistance and your regular care is unavailable, you have access to Bright Horizons backup care to help support your family’s needs.
You may now receive 20 backup care uses per calendar year instead of the previous 10. Copays will be waived for care services from March 16 through May 15, 2020.
Register in advance
Complete your care profile now (including required forms) so you’re prepared to reserve care when you need it. Visit backup.brighthorizons.com/paypal (Username: PayPal, Password: backup4u), or call 877-242-2737.
Follow these instructions for searching for a care provider.
Use any caregiver
In the event a Bright Horizons care provider is not available, Bright Horizons will reimburse your cost of care, up to $100/day, through the Bright Horizons Crisis Care Assist solution. Eligible care providers can include a friend, relative, neighbor, or outside agency/provider. Here’s how it works:
- Access your Bright Horizons online profile, and complete 2 online forms.
- Within 10 days after the last date care is provided, enter the required information, and request reimbursement.
- Bright Horizons will email you within 5 days with instructions to receive an electronic payment.
Important information about Bright Horizons
As a result of extremely high demand due to COVID-19, you are likely to experience delays in reaching Bright Horizons when you need to secure backup child/elder care. Bright Horizons is working to add more customer service team members and improve the website to accommodate this increased volume. Here are a few things to keep in mind when accessing care:
- If you are a first-time user and experiencing issues with registering, please visit backup.brighthorizons.com/paypal (Username: PayPal, Password: backup4u) instead of calling Bright Horizons.
- Using backup.brighthorizons.com/paypal is the quickest way to access assistance at this time. Phone assistance could take 60 minutes or more.
- Crisis Care will be available through May 31, 2020, and must be requested in advance, prior to use.
- For the latest information from Bright Horizons on backup care services, visit brighthorizons.com/covid19.
You also have access to Sittercity, a web resource you can use to search for child care. Visit Sittercity, then click on "Use it" next to "Find Sitters, Nannies & Housekeepers."
Cleo parental coaching
Cleo provides support for new and expecting parents at no cost to you. Visit Cleo to download the app and activate an account using your work email. Even if you're not registered with Cleo, you can now access webcasts, blogs and resources to help with working from home while caring for your kids. See what's available.
These tools can help both you and your children navigate the world of at-home learning:
- Bright Horizons World at Home is a new way for you to keep your children learning during this time. Designed by education experts, World at Home features videos and activities for a wide range of curriculum areas, including yoga and mindfulness, STEM learning, language, story time, and cooking.
- PayPal’s Perks at Work has partnered with Community Online Academy to offer courses for both kids and adults, including a free offering every Thursday. Topics include meditation, dance, American Sign Language, and becoming a YouTuber.
- Rethink, a program for kids with developmental disabilities, is currently offering several specialized services and features, including remote consultation services and video-based lessons.
- As part of #StayingTogetherWhilePhysicallyApart series, check out these educational resources and websites that your kids may enjoy and will assist you while homeschooling.
PayPal is committed to the health and well-being of all employees. During this coronavirus pandemic, we will provide additional support and flexibility to manage your individual circumstances. Through October 1, the following measures apply to all employees:
- If you are diagnosed with the coronavirus, you will continue to be paid without interruption throughout the time you are ill.
- If your office is closed temporarily due to the impacts of the coronavirus, you will continue to be paid during the time your office is closed, even if you do not have the ability to work from home.
- To address specific challenges you may face as a result of the coronavirus, such as caring for children or other family members, the need to stay home due to an underlying illness or health vulnerability, or other personal or medical needs, you may request up to 2 additional weeks of paid time off through our Crisis Leave Program. Apply for Crisis Leave in Workday, or contact StayInformed@paypal.com, and your request will be handled confidentially by a dedicated member of our HR team. Crisis Care with Bright Horizons has been extended through May 31, 2020. More information is on The Bridge (must be on the PayPal network).
- If you face family care challenges related to the coronavirus, please work with your manager and your team to develop a flexible working arrangement or part-time schedule to accommodate your needs during the coronavirus situation.
Vida health coaching
Connect with a Vida health coach anytime, anywhere to help you:
- Stay active. Even though your daily routine might be changing, your exercise habits and goals don’t have to. Vida’s coaches and in-app content provide at-home exercises and tips for eating healthy while working remotely.
- Address your mental health. With all that’s going on—news headlines, social distancing, financial worries, family concerns—you may need extra support. Vida’s resilience program can help you cope with stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Get support for working at home. For many, it's a new experience, and having a community is even more important during these difficult times. Vida’s Group feature lets you trade tips with others to work more efficiently, find resources for caring for kids at home, and share creative ways to address social isolation (e.g., virtual happy hours).
Download the app and search for organization name PayPal. Or send a message in chat to your current coach.
Looking for ways to stay healthy from home? Real Appeal is an online weight-loss program tailored to your unique schedule and needs. Available at no cost to all employees, spouses/partners, and dependents 18+ enrolled in a PayPal medical plan. You’ll learn how to incorporate small changes that help you feel your best and keep your body moving—even if you're short on free time. Get started.
Exercise at home
Being hunkered down takes a toll. Counteract the stress with live-streamed fitness classes and videos to help you find what you need in the moment.
Join us on EXOS@Home for everything from mindset sessions and yoga, to high intensity intervals and sports conditioning.
Sign up for a complimentary personalized 12-week workout plan directed by Coach Austin Richelle and supported through our Bridge Athletic movement app.
On the Move Program
Stay strong and active at home! Join our On the Move program, May 18–June 14:
- GOAL: complete 30-60 minutes of physical activity, 5 days a week, working toward 150–300 minutes a week on average. Classes, runs, walks, hikes, stretching—it all counts!
- Record your minutes on an Excel tracker or app (Fitbit, Strava, RunKeeper, etc.) and make sure to log time for any virtual classes you take as well.
- Workouts to follow and additional well-being resources will be shared with you each week.
- All participants who achieve at least 150 minutes a week on average earn entry into the prize raffle for Adidas gear and more.
- See more details and sign up, and contact Nicholle Bankston with questions.
Employees can now use Concur Travel or Airbnb to book a hotel room or Airbnb as a safe place to self-isolate during COVID-19. You will be eligible to receive the discounted PayPal rate during your stay. This includes accommodations for dependents you live with. You must pay using a personal credit card, and while accommodations cannot be reimbursed by PayPal, they can be booked at the discounted rate until further notice.
Find discounts on food delivery, meal prep, tech equipment and more on PerkSpot, our employee discount portal. A special collection of discounts has been curated in the COVID-19 resource center. You can also share PerkSpot with friends and family through June 30 so they can take advantage of great discounts too! Select the “Refer a Friend or Family Member” option after logging in.
Remote working tips
Although working from home can provide many benefits to employees, it also creates unintended challenges when the environment is less than optimal.
- View these wellness support options to ensure you’re making time to take care of yourself, and your loved ones.
- Access these tips for working from home to ensure you’re finding the right work/ life balance while working from home.
- Working from Home Basics and Stretching Guide
- Getting a Good Night’s Sleep
- Mindfulness – The Power of Presence
- Designing a Winning Indoor Workout
- There’s no “Write” way
- Finding Balance While Working From Home
Check out these suggestions for conducting virtual meetings to help you have the best experience.
The companywide weekly Wellness Survey is open Monday through Friday each week for you to share your feedback, which we use to help provide you with the flexibility, support, and resources you need, such as the two new benefits mentioned above.