Welcome to PayPal! PayPal benefits are designed to help you support yourself and your family, so you can take care of what matters most. You should receive your new hire enrollment email 7-10 business days after your start date. While your benefits are effective Day 1, the enrollment process will take a few days. Rest assured, if you enroll in benefits, your coverage begins on your first day.
What you need to know
Benefits for the whole you. We’re here to support you, no matter what life throws your way. Your health, your finances, your family—your overall well-being. Our benefits cover everything from medical and prescription drugs to backup care for children and adults and stress management.
Once you complete your enrollment, it can take a few days for your plan selections to process through to the benefit plan providers. Here’s what you should do if you need to access care or make an appointment before you receive your ID cards:
- New providers may request payment at the time of service. If that happens, you can submit a claim for reimbursement to your plan.
- Existing providers may be willing to hold off submitting your claim until your insurance is verified.
- Access your plan group and customer service numbers at Contacts.
- Download your plan’s mobile app to access a virtual ID card (you may need your membership number which customer service can provide to you once enrollment has been processed).
We're committed to advancing, cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and diversity. With that in mind, we have a grassroots movement of Diversity and Inclusion Communities where employees come together to build impact around a specific affinity—to attract, recruit, retain, and develop top talent and foster awareness, respect, and inclusion within the workplace.
As a new hire, we know you have a lot to think about. The following information will help you navigate your benefits.
- Learn about benefits eligibility rules for employees and dependents.
- Watch these videos to better understand your plan options.
- Take a tour of the Benefits Overview for information on plans and enrollment instructions.
- Use the Medical Plan Cost Estimator to discover the best plan for you.
- Go to UnitedHealthcare to see if your provider or facility is in-network.
- Benefits terminology can be confusing. Check out this resource for helpful definitions.
What you need to do
1. Enroll in your benefits within 30 days of your date of hire.
You must take action even if you want to waive coverage. If you don't enroll by your deadline, you'll receive default coverage, which is employee-only coverage in the:
You automatically receive company-provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance and short-term disability (STD) insurance.
You’ll receive ID cards for the medical/prescription and dental plans within two weeks of enrollment.
2. Getting your plan ID information prior to your insurance card arrival:
Coverage is effective as of your date of hire/benefits eligibility date. ID cards take approximately 10 business days to receive in the mail. If you need your group number or plan ID prior to receiving your cards, please refer to the health plan links below:
- Kaiser HMO: Register and learn your ID and Group numbers
- United Healthcare: Get your personalized information
- CVS Pharmacy: Access your pharmacy benefits on Caremark
- Delta Dental: Get your personalized information
3. Enroll in PayPal's 401(k) Savings Plan—and get free money in your account.
PayPal matches 100% of your contribution, up to 4% of your eligible compensation. You don’t want to leave free money on the table. Plus, both employee and PayPal contributions are immediately 100% vested. So don’t wait! You can enroll in the 401(k) plan on the Friday following your date of hire.
Tip! Contributed to another 401(k) plan this year? You'll need to provide that information to PayPal’s Payroll department. Visit the payroll page on HR Hub on the Bridge to contact ADP.
Ready to enroll? Follow these steps to select your benefits.