What you need to know
In addition to benefits that cover your well-being, we’re adding new benefits in 2021 that offer you extra protection for the unexpected.
Annual Enrollment "Ask Us Anything" resources
5 things to know about your 2021 benefits
1. No changes to your health care benefits
Good news! There are no changes to your health plan benefits, including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage. Plus, no increases to your paycheck contributions for these plans. Now, there's something to smile about! View your 2021 paycheck contributions to see what you’ll pay for benefits coverage, depending on the plans you enroll in, whom you cover, and your employee grade level.
2. Prepare for the unexpected
Prepare for the unexpected with supplemental accident, hospital indemnity, and critical illness coverage.
While our medical plans provide you with great coverage, you may be hit financially when the unexpected happens in your life. Supplemental insurance plans through Aflac pay cash benefits directly to you (unless otherwise assigned) to help with out-of-pocket costs.
3. Additional disability coverage
You now have the option to enroll in additional disability coverage.
If you’re sick, injured, or unable to work for an extended period of time, PayPal provides you with long-term disability (LTD) insurance at no cost to you. Here's how LTD benefits are changing for 2021:
- The Core LTD Plan will provide you with 60% of your base salary once you’ve exhausted PayPal’s short-term disability (STD) benefit. You are automatically enrolled and there are no contributions required for Core LTD coverage.
- For additional protection, you can elect the new LTD Buy-Up Plan benefit, which increases your LTD benefit to 70% of your annual base salary. You’ll pay the cost for this additional coverage, which will be deducted from your paycheck post-tax.
For more information, view the LTD FAQ.
4. Enhancements to the backup child and elder care benefit
Starting now, you can leverage the Bright Horizons backup care program with the following enhancements:
- Up to 30 uses of backup care for the year—copays are currently waived!
- Navigating remote learning for your child? You now have access to discounted tutoring solutions such as:
- 20% discount on tutoring services with Varsity Tutors and access to learning pods (for ages 5–18)
- 20% discount on tutoring and test prep services with Revolution Prep (for ages 5–18)
- 20%–65% membership discounts with Marco Polo app (for ages 3–7)
- Nanny placement services with College Nannies, Sitters and Tutors, including waived placement fees ($300 value) and a 10% discount on the hourly rate
- Free premium access to Sittercity to find a caregiver or educational support provider (includes unlimited background checks)
- Through December 31, 2020, up to $100 reimbursed when you reserve out-of-network care in advance
View the Bright Horizons FAQ for more details.
Paying for childcare? Be sure to review the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account program to learn how you can contribute up to $5,000 pre-tax.
5. Enhanced support when you need someone to talk to
Get up to 10 free confidential counseling sessions for a range of concerns through the Employee Assistance Program. Virtual visit options are available, too. Visit the well-being toolkit for information about how to get the support you need, no matter what life throws your way.
New! Supplemental insurance benefits
Aflac offers supplemental accident, hospital indemnity, and critical illness insurance that provides you with extra protection. During Annual Enrollment you had the opportunity to enroll in 1, 2, or all 3 of these benefits.
Injuries happen—focus on recovering instead of how to pay the injury bills. This plan provides you with cash benefits (unless otherwise assigned) throughout the different stages of care.
|Aflac accident insurance||Low plan||High plan|
|You + spouse||$2.66||$4.41|
|You + children||$3.30||$5.49|
|You + family||$4.37||$7.38|
Hospital indemnity insurance
If you or your covered dependent is admitted to the hospital due to a covered accident or sickness, you’ll receive cash benefits to help you cover out-of-pocket expenses. Benefits are paid directly to you, unless otherwise assigned.
|Aflac hospital indemnity insurance||Low plan||High plan|
|You + spouse||$9.56||$18.02|
|You + children||$7.67||$13.03|
|You + family||$12.96||$23.34|
Critical illness insurance
Critical illness insurance takes the sting out of paying for care when you can no longer care for yourself. You’ll be paid a lump-sum benefit to help you cover out-of-pocket expenses if you are diagnosed with a covered critical illness. You can receive a benefit of $15,000 or $30,000 for yourself, and your spouse can receive 50% of the amount of your policy.
|Aflac critical illness insurance||$15,000 employee benefit||$30,000 employee benefit|
|Aflac critical illness insurance||$7,500 spouse benefit||$15,000 spouse benefit|
Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity are underwritten by Continental American Insurance Company (CAIC), a proud member of the Aflac family. CAIC is not licensed to solicit business in New York, Guam, Puerto Rico, or the Virgin Islands. This is a brief description of coverage and is not a contract. Read your certificate carefully for exact terms and conditions. AGC2001989 EXP 9/21
Save more on health care and taxes
|If you enroll in the…||You can contribute to the…|
|Kaiser HMO||Health Care FSA|
|UHC $300 Deductible||Health Care FSA|
|UHC CDHP with HSA||Health Savings Account and Limited Purpose Health Care FSA|
Use money you save in these accounts to pay for eligible medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, and some over-the-counter expenses.
Health Care FSA 2021 limits
Contribute up to $2,750 (pre-tax) to your Health Care FSA in 2021. Plus, you can carry over up to $550 next year (there’s no rollover option with the Dependent Care FSA).
HSA 2021 limits
If you enroll in the UnitedHealthcare CDHP, you can save up to $3,600 in your HSA if you have individual coverage and $7,200 if you have family coverage. Plus, if you’re age 55 or older, you can contribute up to $1,000 in catch-up contributions.
Plans to consider for needs that change
Build more peace of mind during the uncertainty of life today.
Optional Life Insurance and Optional Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): PayPal provides all employees with Basic life insurance and Basic AD&D policies. During Annual Enrollment, you had the option to select additional coverage at a cost to you for both of these insurance plans. Coverage exceeding $500,000 will require you to complete an Evidence of Insurability (EOI) evaluation.
You can purchase dependent life insurance coverage for your spouse, domestic partner, and children. Please note that your spouse/domestic partner coverage cannot exceed 50% of your total coverage (basic and optional) and amounts over $75,000 will be subject to EOI.
Create wills, living wills, and powers of attorney online in as little as 15 minutes! The Group Legal Plan through MetLife Legal Plans (available for just $8 per paycheck) offers a new digital estate planning option—a socially distant and safe way to complete the legal documents you need. You can also still choose to see an attorney in person to create these types of legal documents. Visit info.legalplans.com to learn more, and enter access code 6091045.