What you need to know
Legal matters. They’re never fun—or easy. But with Hyatt Legal Plans from MetLife®, you have peace of mind in knowing that low-cost legal services are just a phone call away. With Hyatt Legal Plans, you have access to legal services for all kinds of personal matters. It’s easy to use and costs you just a few bucks per paycheck.
Legal coverage through Hyatt Legal Plans is less than $8 per paycheck.
When can I enroll?
You can enroll in this plan during your initial new hire enrollment period or during Annual Enrollment, typically held in the fall each year.
What do I get with the plan?
Access to more than 11,000 network attorneys
All have met stringent selection criteria and have, on average, 25 years or more of legal experience.
No additional attorney fees for covered legal services
You’ll save money when you use attorneys in the Group Hyatt Legal plan. Or check to see if you can be reimbursed for covered services from non-plan attorneys by calling 800-821-6400, Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pacific Time. Reimbursement is based on a set fee schedule.
No deductibles, copays, or claim forms
So it’s even easier to take care of important matters.
Covered services include:
- Consumer protection
- Debt and financial matters
- Defense of civil lawsuits
- Document preparation and review
- Elder law matters
- Traffic offenses (excludes DUI)
- Trusts, wills, and estate planning
- Family law
- Immigration assistance
- Juvenile court defense
- Real estate matters
Services that are excluded from the legal plan include:
- Employment-related matters, including company or statutory benefits
- Matters involving the company, MetLife and affiliates, and plan attorneys
- Matters in which there is a conflict of interest between the employee and spouse or dependents in which case, services are excluded for the spouse and dependents
- Appeals and class actions
- Farm, business or investment matters, or those involving property held for investment or rental, or issues if you are the landlord
- Patent, trademark, and copyright matters
- Costs or fines
- Frivolous or unethical matters
- Matters for which an attorney-client relationship exists prior to your eligibility for legal plan benefits
No services, including a consultation, can be provided for these matters.
Provider contact information
Group legal coverage
Access code: 6091045