What you need to know
The upcoming flu season, along with the COVID-19 pandemic, means it’s even more important to reduce your chances of getting—and spreading—the flu. Everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine by the end of October to protect yourself and others from the flu.
What to know about the flu vaccine
6 ways to stay healthy this flu season
- Protect yourself and others by wearing a mask while in public.
- Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water and healthy fluids.
- Stay healthy by eating well, exercising regularly, and getting plenty of sleep.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue while sneezing or coughing.