WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
There’s nothing like the feeling of growing your family. But it can take a financial toll. That’s why PayPal reimburses adoption expenses, including legal fees and regulatory and agency costs. So you can worry less about finances and focus more on the joys of expanding your family.
Benefit covers up to 2 children
All full-time and part-time employees can use the adoption benefit for up to 2 children. Reimbursement of up to INR 1,00,000 per adoption for eligible expenses, including:
- CARA registration fee
- Adoption agency and placement fees
- Home inspection fees
- Temporary foster care provided before placement of the child
- Expenses associated with establishing legal guardianship
- Any other court and legal fees
Expenses not eligible for reimbursement include:
- Adoptions that took place prior to your date of employment with PayPal
- Transportation and travel expenses incurred to visit the adoption agency
How to seek reimbursement
Your adoption expenses for 1 child must be submitted in ONE consolidated claim.
- Submit your claim within 60 days of legal adoption date to the India Payroll Team with these documents:
- Adoption proof, such as a provisional certificate or adoption deed
- Invoices for all eligible expenses showing the amount you paid (reimbursement amount will be based on the maximum of INR 1,00,000 per child adoption)
- Your claim will be processed for payment in the upcoming payroll cycle (payroll cutoff is the 10th every month).
Please note: Adoption assistance reimbursement will be grossed up for income tax.
Provider contact information
This page is only accessible within the PayPal firewall.