What you need to know
MetLife Legal Plans gives you access to expert attorneys who can assist you with a broad range of personal legal needs you might face throughout your life — events that you can plan for in advance, as well as those that you don’t think about until it’s too late.
When can I enroll?
What do I get with the plan?
For just $8 per paycheck, MetLife Legal Plans give you:
- An experienced service team to match you with the right attorney
- Experienced legal advice and representation, in person, by phone, or by email
- In-court representation for covered legal matters
- A digital estate planning option — a socially distant and safe way to create wills, living wills, and powers of attorney online in as little as 15 minutes! You can still choose to see an attorney in person to create these types of legal documents. No waiting periods, no deductibles, and no claim forms when using a network attorney for covered matters.
Covered legal matters covered include:
- Marital issues: Prenuptial agreements, name change, updating or creating estate planning documents
- Family matters: Wills and estate planning documents, school and administrative hearings, adoption, pet liabilities
- Kids off to college: Security deposit assistance, reviewing leases, student loan debt assistance
- Buying, selling, or renting: Review contracts and purchase agreements, preparing deeds, attending the closing of a home sale
- Caring for aging parents: Review of Medicare / Medicaid documents, nursing home agreement, review of estate planning documents
- Financial well being: Attorney consultation regarding potential creditor actions, assistance with contacting banks and creditors, attorney defense for identity theft issues, financial wellness programs to manage money and make informed decisions
Provider contact information
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m. ET