What you need to know
All regular employees on the US payroll who are scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for PayPal benefits. As a new hire, benefits are effective on your date of hire.
You can enroll in the following benefits:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short- and long-term disability
- Optional life insurance
- Optional accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Group legal
- Voluntary benefits
Benefits eligible dependents include your spouse / domestic partner and child(ren) up to age 26. You’ll need to verify dependent eligibility by providing documentation, such as a birth certificate, following benefits enrollment. Verification will be required for any dependents enrolled in medical, dental, or vision. You can complete the verification process online via Your Benefits Resources (YBR) (@Work) | (Log In).
An eligible spouse includes the person you're legally married to under the laws of the state in which you live.
Domestic partners are eligible for medical, dental, vision, spouse life, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage. Domestic partner expenses generally are not eligible for Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account reimbursement. In order for your same- or opposite-sex domestic partner to be eligible for coverage, you and your partner must have met all of these criteria for a period of six months:
- Are at least age 18
- Are not legally married to another person or part of another domestic partnership
- Intend to remain each other's sole domestic partner indefinitely
- Reside together at the same principal residence and intend to do so indefinitely
- Are emotionally committed to one another and share joint responsibility for your common welfare and obligations
- Are not related by blood closer than which would prohibit marriage in the state in which you live
- Are mentally competent to enter into contracts
- Have not been in a different domestic partner relationship or marriage within the last six months
- Have been in the current relationship for at least six months
Keep in mind that the IRS requires that the fair market value for domestic partner coverage is taxable to the employee as imputed income. This means that the full cost of individual coverage for your domestic partner will be added to your taxable income (imputed income). You will see domestic partner imputed income added to your earnings (to incur the tax liability) and then deducted from your gross pay.
You can cover dependent children until age 26, regardless of student status or other coverage. This includes:
- Your natural child
- Your stepchild
- Your adopted child or a child placed with you for adoption
- A child for whom you're the court-appointed guardian
- Any child who is your tax-eligible dependent
- Children of enrolled domestic partners
- Children for whom you are responsible to provide health coverage based on a qualified medical child support order (QMCSO)