What you need to know
Taking time off — away from your job — is vital to being at your best. We support this by offering ample time off for all kinds of situations.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
PayPal values your wellness and wants you to take care of yourself and others in a way that best addresses your needs. Our Paid Time Off (PTO) policy provides the flexibility to use your time for whatever recharges you.
You start earning PTO on your first day of employment:
- First day to the end of your first calendar year — 15 days, prorated according to actual days with the company
- First whole calendar year — 15 days
- Second whole calendar year — 16 days
- Each additional calendar year — 1 additional day per year, up to a maximum of 20 days
Paid leaves of absence
Take care of what’s most important to you: your family. PayPal offers a variety of paid leaves of absence that allow you to take care of your loved ones.
Employees who fall sick and are not able to work are eligible for medical leave. You’re eligible for 100% of your base pay for 5 business days. You can request this time off in half-day or full-day units. If you need more than 5 days in a calendar year, then you can take the tenure base medical leave. Visit the Bridge for more information. (This page is only accessible within the PayPal firewall.)
Employees receive 10 calendar days of paid leave for their wedding.
Expectant mothers are eligible for paid maternity leave. You may be eligible to receive:
- 98 paid calendar days for maternity plus 60 additional days (starts no earlier than 15 days pre-delivery)
- 15 additional calendar days for a difficult delivery (medical certificate required)
- 15 additional calendar days for each baby born in a multiple birth (medical certificate required)
Female employees who have a miscarriage are also eligible for a period of maternity leave.
New fathers can receive 10 calendar days of paid paternity leave to be with your family.
Receive up to 20 calendar days of paid bereavement leave for the death of a family member, depending on the relationship.
You’re eligible for 3 consecutive work days or 10 total days of unpaid leave for personal issues with your manager’s approval.
Provider contact information
This page is only accessible within the PayPal firewall.